[Python-Dev] Python 1.7 tokenization feature request

gvwilson@nevex.com gvwilson@nevex.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:48:33 -0500 (EST)

> David M. Beazley wrote:

> ...and while we're at it, maybe we can add support for C trigraph
> sequences as well.

I don't know of any mass-market editors that generate C trigraphs.

> ...I can't think of a single reason why any sane programmer would be
> writing programs in Microsoft Word or whatever it is that you're
> talking about.

'S funny --- my non-programmer friends can't figure out why any sane
person would use a glorified glass TTY like emacs... or why they should
have to, just to program... I just think that someone's going to do this
for some language, some time soon, and I'd rather Python be in the lead
than play catch-up.

Thanks,
Greg