[Python-Dev] FW: Fixing os.popen on Win32 => is the win32pipe stuff going to be adopted?

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 15:51:49 -0500

[James C. Ahlstrom]
> Well, it looks like this thread has fizzled out.  But what did we
> decide?

Far as I could tell, nothing specific.

> I feel Tim's original complaint that popen() is a Problem
> still hasn't been fixed.

I was passing it on from MikeF's c.l.py posting.  This isn't a new problem,
of course, it just drags on year after year -- which is the heart of MikeF's
gripe.  People have code that *does* work, but for whatever reasons it never
gets moved to the core.  In the meantime, the Library Ref implies the broken
code that is in the core does work.  One or the other has to change, and it
looks most likely to me that Fred will change the docs for 1.6.  While not
ideal, that would be a huge improvement over the status quo.

luckily-few-people-expect-windows-to-work-anyway<0.9-wink>-ly y'rs  - tim