[Python-Dev] FW: Fixing os.popen on Win32 => is the win32pipe stuff going to be adopted?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:25:35 -0500 (EST)

Tim Peters writes:
 > Failing that, the os.popen docs should caution it's "use at your own risk"
 > under Windows, and that this is directly inherited from MS's popen
 > implementation.

Tim (& others),
  Would this additional text be sufficient for the os.popen()
documentation?

	\strong{Note:} This function behaves unreliably under Windows
        due to the native implementation of \cfunction{popen()}.

  If someone cares to explain what's weird about it, that might be
appropriate as well, but I've never used this under Windows.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>