[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Lib ConfigParser.py,1.16,1.17

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@cnri.reston.va.us
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:15:32 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for catching that.  I didn't look at the context.  I'm going to
wait, though, until I talk to Fred to mess with the code any more.

General question for python-dev readers: What are your experiences
with ConfigParser?  I just used it to build a simple config parser for
IDLE and found it hard to use for several reasons.  The biggest
problem was that the file format is undocumented.  I also found it
clumsy to have to specify section and option arguments. I ended up
writing a proxy that specializes on section so that get takes only an
option argument.

It sounds like ConfigParser code and docs could use a general cleanup.
Are there any other issues to take care of as part of that cleanup?

Jeremy