[Python-Dev] DDJ article on Python GC

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 17:53:26 -0500

> Jon Erickson (editor-in-chief) of "Doctor Dobb's Journal" would like an
> article on what's involved in adding garbage collection to Python.  Please
> email me if you're interested in tackling it...

I might -- although I should get Neil, Eric and Tim as co-authors.

I'm halfway implementing the scheme that Eric showed yesterday.  It's
very elegant, but I don't have an idea about its impact performance
yet.

Say hi to Jon -- we've met a few times.  I liked his March editorial,
having just read the same book and had the same feeling of "wow, an
open source project in the 19th century!"