[Python-Dev] breaking list.append()

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 10:37:49 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Ken Manheimer wrote:
> > None the less, for those practicing it, the incorrectness of it will be
> > fresh news.  I would be less sympathetic with them if there was recent
> > warning, eg, the schedule for changing it in the next release was part of
> > the current release.  But if you tell somebody you're going to change
> > something, and then don't for a few years, you probably need to renew the
> > warning before you make the change.  Don't you think so?  Why not?
>
> I agree.
>
> Note that Guido posted a note to c.l.py on Monday. I believe that meets
> your notification criteria.

Actually, by "part of the current release", i meant having the
deprecation/impending-deletion warning in the release notes for the
release before the one where the deletion happens - saying it's being
deprecated now, will be deleted next time around.

Ken
klm@digicool.com

 I mean, you tell one guy it's blue.  He tells his guy it's brown, and it
 lands on the page sorta purple.         Wavy Gravy/Hugh Romney