[Python-Dev] Windows build issues

Neil Schemenauer nascheme@enme.ucalgary.ca
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:50:52 -0600

A couple of things:

PCbuild/readme.txt

    Should be updated for the new release.

PC/config.h

    VC++ 5.0 will not compile python20 unless "#include
    <basetsd.h>" is commented out.  Trent?

    WITH_CYCLE_GC should be uncommented if we want to have GC
    enabled in the beta.

PCbuild/python20.dsp

    Line endings seem to be incorrect.  Someone probably edited
    the file on a Unix machine and munched things up.  VC++ 5.0
    likes DOS line endings otherwise it refuses to load the
    project.

Also, I get a few warnings when compiling.  One is about an /IZ
(I think) option being ignored.  There are a few other warnings
as well which I didn't write down.

  Neil