[Python-Dev] "make test" vs. "-tt"

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:43:21 -0500 (CDT)

Per Fredrik's suggestion, I changed "-tt" to simply "-t".  I've not yet done
a "cvs update" to grab the tab-corrected versions of whatever files were
causing the indigestion.  I'm down to a single test failure (test_re) now
when running "make test" before .py[co] files have been created.

I noticed a couple warnings when test_mmap was running though:

    ./Lib/sre_compile.py: inconsistent tab/space usage
    ./Lib/sre_parse.py: inconsistent tab/space usage

Could it be that when "-tt" detects a problem it causes a broken .py[co]
file to be generated?

--
Skip Montanaro, skip@mojam.com, http://www.mojam.com/, http://www.musi-cal.com/
On Phil Jackson's ability to manage multiple Lakers superstars, Shaquille