[Python-Dev] Odd behavior with `make test'

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 20:29:54 +0200

> > test test_sre failed -- sre.search
> > test test_re failed -- re.search
> > test test_strftime crashed -- exceptions.AttributeError : match
> > test test_tokenize crashed -- exceptions.AttributeError : compile
> > test test_xmllib crashed -- exceptions.AttributeError : compile
>=20
> same here. I believe Guido & al. are aware as per the checkin msg,
> saying that  /F promises to fix this.

I have no idea what causes this.

however, I just noticed that evil tabs had snucked their way into
sre_parse and sre_compile.  new, properly untabified versions are
on their way to the repository.

maybe the interpreter messes up badly once -tt has reported an
error?  try removing -tt from the TESTPYTHON line in the makefile,
and see what happens.

</F>