[Python-Dev] New PythonLabs site revealed!

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:57:47 -0400 (EDT)

    FL> btw, now that we're bumping to 2.0, maybe we can break
    FL> socket.connect and friends once again?  if somebody com-
    FL> plains, just tell them "it's a major release, dammit" ;-)

That's a good point.  A bump in major rev number is an /opportunity/
to break things, like a bone that hasn't healed right, so that they
can be fixed correctly.  We'll lose that for 2.0, mostly likely
because of the tight release schedule.  There's always 3.0 though,
which will mesh nicely with the mythical Py3k.

-Barry