[Python-Dev] Wikis for todo lists, etc (was PyString_GET_SIZE())

Tim Peters tpeters@beopen.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:41:28 -0400

[Tim]
> ... "Group whiteboards" and shared journals etc are darned
> useful, though.

[Ken Manheimer]
> Wiki = Group whiteboard

Ya, I kind of picked that up from your last passionate advertisement for
this stuff <wink>.  Not knocking it!  Never tried it.  Believe it or not, I
spend as little time on the web as possible.  After I've gotten into a place
to live here, and this current release crunch is behind us, I'm definitely
going to check out your leads.

For the past several years my development group worked thru Lotus Notes,
which I didn't much care for at the time, but I'm increasingly realizing
just how essential group-modifiable shared persistent documents were to our
productivity.  Notes is the purest example of a whole being greater than the
sum of its parts I've ever seen (lousy mail system, lousy database, lousy
change manager, lousy bug tracker, lousy workflow manager, worse than lousy
native scripting ... but they all sucked in ways that were downright
synergistic <0.9 wink>).

> Anyway, to see leads on both zwikis and tracker, see:
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Members/klm/TrackerWiki

can-beopen-zwiki-2.0-be-far-behind<wink>?-ly y'rs  - tim