[Python-Dev] New PythonLabs site revealed!

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:38:19 +0200 (CEST)

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Today, without much fanfare, we opened the new PythonLabs website.
> The design is by BeOpen's creative Director, Jun Simmons.  Thanks to
> Jeremy Hylton, who did most of the actual HTML editing to get our
> contents in place.
>
> The new beta will be released via this site.
>
> And since you python-dev folks will find this out through my checkins
> anyway, let this be an advance warning that it will be called Python
> 2.0.  Here's my explanation for the version bump (soon to be checked
> in to README):

Guido van Rossum just won't stop surprising us! :-) Witness the three
shocking news that arrived in one day: (1) very strict self-discipline
about "long-term" TODO's full of short-term and less than medium-term
topics that were very logically left behind, (2) major version number
revision one day before the official beta-cycle, (3) a new PythonLabs
corporate-style Web site with a flashing color palette & tutti quanti.
I am really (positively) amazed! :-)

spanish-inquisition-is-all-we-deserve-<wink>-ly y'rs

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr