[Python-Dev] testing the Python/C API (was: Re: [Patches] PyObject_GetAttr/PyObject_SetAttr core dumps if given non-string names)

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:33:37 -0700

> [Trent Mick]
> > I asked the question a while back if it would reasonable/useful/popular
> > to have a mechanism where parts of the Python/C Api could be tested
> > directly.
>
> Not only reasonable, IMO it's essential.  "If it's not tested,
> it's broken." Tattoo that on your neighbor's forehead so it's always in
mind <wink>.

Stay _off_ my forehead, thank you very much.  My hairline is receding enough
without ink stains killing off hair follicles.

Besides, I like my lobster-colored forehead just fine.

--da