[Python-Dev] winreg

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:46:40 -0700

I'm trying to figure out all of the constants in _winreg. Some of them
seem related to functions that _winreg doesn't support. I won't put
those in new winreg because they can't be used. The only one I can't
figure out through web searches is REG_OPTION_OPEN_LINK.

RegNotifyChangeKeyValue (unsupported)
	REG_NOTIFY_CHANGE_NAME
	REG_NOTIFY_CHANGE_LAST_SET
	REG_NOTIFY_CHANGE_SECURITY
	REG_NOTIFY_CHANGE_ATTRIBUTES

RegRestoreKey (unsupported)
	REG_FORCE_RESTORE
	REG_NO_LAZY_FLUSH
	REG_REFRESH_HIVE
	REG_WHOLE_HIVE_VOLATILE

RegCreateKeyEx (unxupported)
	REG_OPTION_RESERVED
	REG_OPTION_VOLATILE
	REG_OPTION_NON_VOLATILE
	REG_OPTION_BACKUP_RESTORE
	REG_CREATED_NEW_KEY
	REG_OPENED_EXISTING_KEY
	REG_OPTION_CREATE_LINK

I presume that nobody intends to add these three functions to _winreg in
time for Python 1.6!

When George Bush entered office, a Washington Post-ABC News poll found
that 62 percent of Americans "would be willing to give up a few of the
freedoms we have" for the war effort. They have gotten their wish.
	- "This is your bill of rights...on drugs", Harpers, Dec. 1999