[Python-Dev] winreg features

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:29:16 -0700

There are a few features missing from the proposed API. I don't think
that this API should serve the 80%, but rather the 97%. The only things
I plan to exclude from the low level API are things that are
undocumented and a little bit of performance. I want to simplify the
API, not dumb it down.

I see no reason not to add support for close, flush, save, remote keys
and REG_FOO types.

If I ever figure out how to use HIVE_VOLATILE_IS_TRUE I would add
support for that too. :)

When George Bush entered office, a Washington Post-ABC News poll found
that 62 percent of Americans "would be willing to give up a few of the
freedoms we have" for the war effort. They have gotten their wish.
	- "This is your bill of rights...on drugs", Harpers, Dec. 1999