[Python-Dev] C# (new language from Microsoft)

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 00:39:15 +1000

I cant say much, as I am still under NDA.  However, I probably can say:

* C Sharp is really not the interesting part of this technology.  MS are
controlling the way (the order, really) the information is coming out; as
more info comes out, C Sharp should move back into perspective for what is
really is.  Suffice it to say, hardly anyone on slashdot is even in the
ball-park!

* The MS PDC in a couple of weeks will be the official announcement of the
more interesting things.  After this, everyone involved in the project will
be completely free to discuss all they know, including me (and a few other
Pythoneers)

* Python has a very good and interesting story in all this - there is no
need to be alarmed.  If anything, be excited :-)

Mark.