[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Lib/curses wrapper.py,1.2,1.3

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 00:45:07 +1000

> Besides its redundancy, it also places the traceback into a
> local variable
> and then raises an exception -- a perfect recipe for creating a ref loop.

Isnt it true that _every_ time you store a traceback object as a local
variable, and that traceback has a reference to the frame holding the
local, you _always_ get a reference loop, regardless of how you exit the
function?

ie, I believe that _every_ time you store a traceback obtained from inside
an except handler, you _always_ get a ref-loop, period.  The only way to
clean the cycle is to explictly unbind the local from the traceback.

Mark.