[Python-Dev] semaphore support in thread_*.h

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:34:13 -0700

> > (There are related issues re: for example whether async thread
> locking is
> > available, whether threads are joinable or not (see
> > thread_cthread.h), etc.)
>
> Sorry, don't know what you're getting at here (e.g., have any
> specific line
> or function of thread_cthread.h in mind?).

	/* looks like solaris detaches the thread to never rejoin
	 * so well do it here
	 */

in thread_cthread.h

The async thread locking comment was one of my personal issues -- I
considered briefly providing a thread layer on top of the NSPR (Netscape
Portable runtime) which is part of Mozilla.  It has locks, but no async
locking calls.

--david