[Python-Dev] [rasmus@apache.org: Re: PMCs and Apache]

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:43:38 -0500

[Jack Jansen]
> This is one of the reasons I never asked for committer status: the
> fewer people doing commits the better. I can live with the <2days
> delay we had upto recently, and for now I'm expecting it to go down
> to that again after all the turmoil is over.

Actually, I'd be glad to give you committer status (your colleague
Sjoerd just got his :-).  I expect that the majority of the
subscribers to python-dev can be trusted as committers.

I fully expect that most committers won't be committing much -- I
don't expect a frenzy of work by committers on the source tree.
However the committer status offloads the responsibility of applying
the patches you submit after they have been approved -- you can now do
it yourself.  Less work for me and the others here at PythonLabs!

BTW, I would heartily recommend putting the Macintosh tree for Python
under SourceForge!