[Python-Dev] updated exit.py and supporting files for your perusal

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:05:09 +0200

> This message contains four attached files:
>
>     Lib/exit.py - a module that allows users to register cleanup functions
>     Lib/test/test_exit.py - a simple test script
>     Lib/test/output/test_exit - expected test output
>     Doc/lib/libexit.tex - library reference manual section
>
> Besides adding documentation and a test script, the following two mods were
> made to exit.py since I previously posted it:
>
>     1. It implements a LIFO execution order
>     2. If sys.exitfunc is already defined and not exit._run_exitfuncs, it is
>        treated as an exit function and appended to the exit function list.
>
> Comments, please.

Looks ok to me, but since this is going to be a new standard
module I guess we should wait for Guido's ok before checking
it in.

> Also, can someone tell me how to coax CVS into creating a
> unified diff that actually contains new files?  I tried
>
>     cvs diff -RNau
>
> without success.

I'm not an CVS expert, but I could imagine that you'll have to
add the files to CVS first and then run the above diff.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg