[Python-Dev] Proposal: standard way of defining and executing "atexit" functions...

Peter Funk pf@artcom-gmbh.de
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:08:16 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I wrote:
> def register_exit_func(func, *args, **kw):
>     import sys
>     previous_func = sys.exit_func

this should have been 'sys.exitfunc'.
I've also misssed to note, that I placed the following line into
the module init code:

import sys; def _nop(): pass; sys.exitfunc = _nop
Otherwise I had to use getattr(sys, 'exitfunc', None) as David suggested.

Next time I should actually cut'n'paste working code instead typing from
blurred memory. :-(

Another point I forgot, was that you usually want to install signal
handlers on unices, that handle the signal.SIGTERM, signal.SIGHUP and
signal.SIGINT signals and invoke exit function to do some final
cleanup.

Regards, Peter