[Python-Dev] mailbox formats

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:13:55 -0400 (EDT)

  I've been playing with a function to open a mailbox and return the
appropriate type of mailbox object from the mailbox module, but I
don't have examples of anything but mbox style mailboxes to test
with.
  Could anyone send real examples of MMDF, MH, maildir, and Babyl
mailboxes?  The mail can be junk; don't send anything I shouldn't see!
  Essentially, I'd like to see two new functions added to the mailbox
module:  open('name'), which returns a mailbox object opened for
reading, and which('name'), which returns the name of the mailbox
constructor, and possibly a flag indicating whether a
__builtin__.open() is needed.
  Thanks!

  -Fred

--