[Python-Dev] Creating curses package: OK?

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 20:03:51 +0300 (IDT)

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> OK; python-dev has discussed creating a curses package, and reaction
> seemed favorable.  So, my plan of action is:
>
> 1) Rename cursesmodule.c to _cursesmodule.c. (Barry, can you do a 'mv'
> inside the SourceForge CVS repository so the complete history of the
> module doesn't get lost with the renaming?)
>
> 2) Create a Lib/curses/
> directory; __init__.py does 'from _curses import *'.
>
> 3) The traceback wrapper can then be put into __init__.py, since I
> assume it's fairly small and everyone should use it.  The text pad
> stuff could then go in another module in the curses package.
>
> Seem reasonable to everyone?

I'm +1, except for some nagging doubt about the traceback wrapper.
Why not put it in its own (small, granted) module?
There are no backward compatabilities to worry here, so there shouldn't be
any excuse to put code in __init__.py. But it is so small, that I don't
really feel strongly about it.

i'll-be-+1-on-the-text-pad-stuff-when-you-get-it-ready-eric-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
http://www.oreilly.com/news/prescod_0300.html