[Python-Dev] revamped Python web site

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 17:01:08 -0700

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 02:45:37PM -0400, Greg Wilson wrote:
> > Ken Manheimer said
> > 3. Vaults of parnassus already does this, but i'll still mention -
> >    Contributed software/docs/etc - managed similar to moderated news
> >    postings, but with classification/cataloguing of artifacts, ability for
> >    people to vote on desirability for ranking purposes
>
> I'd like to see the Vaults, Starship, and other sub-sites folded into, or
> become subsections of, a larger Python site, so that I've got the same
> kind of one-stop shopping that CPAN gives me.

+1 on that!

If python.org opens up (beyond what was possible w.r.t CNRI's security
policy), then I see a lot of the impetus for separate sites, such as
Starship and Parnassus, simply disappearing.

While we're at it: Python-URL has some funny location that I can't ever
remember. Providing a way for the organizers to publish those onto
python.org (and maintain the archive there) would be good. If /F is still
doing the daily URL, then it could go there, too...

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/