[Python-Dev] req: Software Carpentry / coding standards

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 13:52:50 -0400

Tim Peters [tim_one@email.msn.com] wrote:

> When you can't fight about where to put curly braces, there's not much left
> to argue.  The only serious attempt at a Python style guide I've seen is
> Guido's:
>
>     http://www.python.org/doc/essays/styleguide.html

The only thing that might be added (I haven't looked in a while, but
didn't see it last time I did), is some naming convention issues.  I
follow pretty standard Smalltalk guidelines:

       - No '_', use camelCase for seps

       - Capitalize all Classes, and also global variables

       - Lowercase for all methods (i.e. setNewBreakpoint)

This is just me, and obviously not everyone does this :-)

Chris