[Python-Dev] req: Software Carpentry / coding standards

Ka-Ping Yee pingster@ilm.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:25:57 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah, what he said. :)

> The only serious attempt at a Python style guide I've seen is Guido's:
>
>     http://www.python.org/doc/essays/styleguide.html

I love this style guide.  I know it's a strange reaction to
have to a style guide, but i agree with basically everything
in it, which is probably pretty rare for these sorts of things.

> + No hard tabs.  Indents are 4 spaces, period.

Tab characters are the work of the devil.

-- ?!ng

"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."
    -- Former French President Charles de Gaulle