[Python-Dev] ascii.py

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 18:10:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Latest version.  Adds isctrl() and ismeta() functions (because I use them...)
>
> Um.  What's the checkin procedure for library modules?

Guido has to give his blessing -- that he finds this useful and
appropriate for the Python library. He does that using his own criteria
and feedback from people here.

For example, I'm "+0" on it. (meaning that it seems okay, but I can also
live without it)

The actual mechanics are outlined at SourceForge:

  http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=5470

> And do I have permissions to do it?

Nope.

There are ten people with checkin privs:
  http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=5470

Five of them are admins (Barry, Fred, Guido, Jeremy, Tim). They use
<whatever> policy to determine whether a given person should become a SF
project member. That policy is probably just a gut feeling rather than
concrete rules, so I can't say "X, Y, and Z." I also don't know what kinds
of policies that they are asserting on people with privs.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/