[Python-Dev] Revised 1.6 jobs list

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 23:13:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 4 Jun 2000 bwarsaw@python.org wrote:

>     GS> You can administratively turn those things on/off, I
>     GS> thought. You're an admin, Barry, so you should be able to turn
>     GS> the thing on.
>
> I'm happy to if people think it will help.  SF's patch management is a
> durn site better than Python's is now <wink>.  I'd also consider
> shutting off Jitterbug on python.org but I'm not sure how to (or if we
> should) migrate the current bug set to SF.

IMO, use the provided tools. The Patch Manager is more than we have now.
It also allows assignment, which can be nice :-)  (compared to the
arbitrary "who is taking care of this patch?" thing today)

The SF bug database certainly works, and it provides additional "locality"
for the code + bugs + patches.

Cheers,
-g

--