[Python-Dev] release forms? (was: [Patches] New sys method to return total reference count in debug builds.)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 16:30:08 -0700 (PDT)

Given the New World Order, how does that impact the need for these release
statements and/or wet signatures?

Or a better way to put it, who "owns" Python now? Given a "who", then we
can ask that person/entity whether they want release statements.

Given that Python is now on SourceForge, and there are multiple people (at
CNRI and otherwise) that can directly make modifications, then the release
below is certainly a bit "off". For example, David Ascher has commit
privs, so at his "sole discretion, [he may] decide whether or not to
incorporiate this contribution..." :-)

Thoughts?

Cheers,
-g

p.s. IMO, I'd like to see Guido own the Copyright for all current and
future Python development

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/