[Python-Dev] ascii.py?

Ka-Ping Yee Ka-Ping Yee <pingster@ilm.com>
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 15:33:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> There has been a vast and echoing silence about the ascii.py module I
> posted here at Fred Drake's request.  Is it really such a  bad idea?

Don't look at me.  I'm busy working on inspect and htmldoc. :)

Actually, i guess i probably didn't respond because it isn't
of immediate use to me.  Maybe this is the sort of thing that
might come in handy one day but that hordes of people aren't
desperate for.

Hmm.  Perhaps it's because people are used to saying "in string.digits"
instead of wanting isdigit() &c.

Hmm.  Perhaps it's also something that ought to be eventually
handled via the Unicode character property route.

Dunno.

-- ?!ng

"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."
    -- Former French President Charles de Gaulle