[Python-Dev] test turds?

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:41:26 -0700

On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 01:17:14PM +0300, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Recently I patched a bug in whichdb. Following Tim's advice "each bug we
> find is a bug in the regression testing", I decided to write a test case
> for whichdb. However, the problem is that I'm not sure where I can create
> files, which must not be leftovers from the test suite. Does anyone know

test_support.TESTFN is a test filename that is intended to be used by Python
test scripts. Currently it is just the file '@test' in the current directory.
A better mechanism might be to use the tempfile.mktemp() module and function.

> of a test which creates files, and how it deals with them?

[.../dist/src/Lib/test]$ grep -l 'open\b' test_*.py
test_array.py
test_b1.py
test_b2.py
test_binhex.py