[Python-Dev] SF bug tracker

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:07:25 +0200

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 01:31:36PM -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> Which interface do you like better: the SourceForge bug tracker or
> Jitterbug?  I am leaning towards moving the bug database from
> Jitterbug at python.org to SF.

Without having too much experience with Jitterbug, and only the 'read' side
at that, and slightly more experience, also only on the 'read' side, with
the SF buglist, I can safely say I prefer the SF bug tracker. Jitterbug is
totally alien to me, the different catagories boggle me, the overviews of
each catagory boggle me, and I'm not sure if I've seen everything even after
I browsed through each list. But as said, I have only little experience with
Jitterbug.

The SF buglist might not make it too clear from the first overview in what
catagory a bug belongs, but it's easily selectable, and it's very obvious
which bugs are open and how important they are. And it gives people more
feedback on sourceforge, in case they don't read their mail ;-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>