[Python-Dev] SET_LINENO and python options

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:35:36 +0200

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 12:16:17PM +0200, Vladimir Marangozov wrote:

> SET_LINENO is not generated anymore and is reduced to a NOOP in ceval,
> CALL_TRACE is introduced only for the callbacks. For b/w compatibility
> (of .pyc files) I think we can't just "get rid" of it.

Why not, except for the possible desirability of a -g flag that does use it?
If you up the bytecode magic, which several other things in the pipeline are
going to do anyway (augmented assignment, range literals, list
comprehensions) old bytecode will be recompiled, and new bytecode will not
be used on old interpreters.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>