[Python-Dev] checkins and regression tests

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 06:48:49 +0200

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 08:38:34AM +1000, Mark Hammond wrote:

> > It'd be nice if the newly checked-in test were run through the test
> > framework before being checked in - the latest test_mmap.py fails due to
> > the "inconsistent tab-space" problem...

> That would be my fault.  Thomas has already fixed it - thanks!

My shadow is still trying to catch up :)

> However, Im a little confused by the error you saw.  It certainly tested OK
> for me on both Linux and Windows, both when I checked it in, and as soon as
> I saw your message (but before updaing CVS).  It also looks like it should
> have worked - a tab was used where 8 spaces should have been.

'make test' runs 'python -tt' on the test scripts, at least on systems using
Makefile. And '-tt' means you can't mix spaces and tabs even if you use
8-space tabstops.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>