[Python-Dev] Request for guidance on documentation

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 09:51:21 +0300 (IDT)

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Eric S. Raymond writes:
>  > Ah!  I didn't realize multiple suggestions could live in the same file
>  > under our conventions.  Guess I'll have to go reread the Documentation
>  > HOWTO.
>
>   Multiple sections can live in the same file if they are sufficiently
> tightly related.  For example, curses and curses.ascii, pyexpat and
> pyexpat.errors, pickle and cPickle, StringIO and cStringIO.
>   I don't know that this is discussed in "Documenting Python," but
> should be; I'll fix that for Python 2.0.

Let me just say what Fred said in a different way: from the processing
engine POV, there's just *one file* with lots of include directives.
The division into file is just to make life easier for us -- so if
two sections are related, it's easier to keep them in the same file.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.