[Python-Dev] build problems under MSVC 5.0

Trent Mick trentm@activestate.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:02:07 -0700

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 07:07:02PM +0200, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> trent wrote:
> > I think (am I wrong?) to generalize that the intention for both Win32 and
> > Win64 is to have _beginthread return an unsigned pointer-sized integer: hence
> > uintptr_t.
> >
> > This would eliminate the #ifdef but would require a typedef for uintptr_t on
> > Win32. This can be done in PC/config.h (I already did this for intptr_t,
> > because I needed *that* elsewhere.) Does this also need to be generalized to
> > typedef uintptr_t whereever it is not defined, i.e. in the autoconf files.
> >
> > I can look at this this weekend, if that is soon enough.
>
> I suggest checking in the #ifdef as a stopgap measure, if you
> promise to come up with the right thing (whatever that is) in
> time for 1.6 final.
>
> Should I go ahead and check it in?

Fredrik,

I have put the "right thing" (I hope) up on SourceForge and assigned it to
you:

http://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=101010&group_id=5470

I explained what I think is the right idea in the preceeding email in this
thread:

http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2000-June/011800.html

Could you try the patch and then assign it back to me for check in? (Or just
check it in yourself)

Thanks,
Trent

--