[Python-Dev] Reordering opcodes

Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:13:12 -0400

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 06:07:21PM +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>I'd say that there are good chances on applying optimizations
>to the Python byte code -- someone with enough VC should look
>into this on a serious basis ;-)

At OLS I saw David S. Miller's keynote.  Miller's been a Linux kernel
hacker for quite a long time, and has been responsible for much of the
Sparc and MIPS port, maintains the networking stack, etc.  In his talk
he mentioned that occasionally he gets really tired of kernel-space
work, and has to do something in user-space for a change of pace; in
that vein he rewrote GCC's Sparc64 backend, and recently wrote an
nVidia driver for XFree86.

My first thought when he said that was "Gosh, he should look at ceval.c!"

--amk