[Python-Dev] Request for guidance on documentation

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:21:09 -0400

Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>:
> Neither of those reasons are enough not to put the HOWTOs in the CVS tree.
> Editors can keep the version in the CVS current via the patch manager,
> and release them as they need to. However, people who d/l Python will
> automatically download the HOWTOs. Think of perldoc lol (lists of lists)
> -- definitely "HOWTO" material, but in the Perl standard docs.

I agree.  There should be a HOWTO directory in the CVS tree.
--

Strict gun laws are about as effective as strict drug laws...It pains
me to say this, but the NRA seems to be right: The cities and states