[Python-Dev] test_fork1 on SMP? (was Re: [Python Dev] test_fork1 failing --with-threads (for some people)...)

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:20:26 -0400

[Neil Schemenauer]
> Here is some code that seems to hang on Linux UP machines.
> Sometimes it prints PIDS for a while and other times it stops
> after only a few.

Well, that sucks!  Does "UP" mean uniprocessor in this context?

> I don't know if that counts.  I raised this issue over a month
> ago.  Tim, your getting forgetful. :)

Getting?  I'm very old.  I think.  But even if I had a memory, I usually
ignore Unix-specific posts (i.e., I can't run code with a .fork(), so can
only sit back & admire the perversity of those who both can & do <wink>).