[Python-Dev] Sub-package import mechanism now broken? No, but...

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:44:18 -0400 (EDT)

Mark Favas writes:
 > Opps - the import mechanism is not broken, it's just that the xml
 > package in lib/site-packages no longer gets found, because of the new
 > xml package in lib. This will still break existing code, unless the xml
 > package in lib is renamed, has the same functionality as the PyXML

  I expect we'll be making the package in site-packages an extension
provider for the xml package in the standard library.  I'm planning to
discuss this issue at today's PythonLabs meeting.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member