[Python-Dev] is this obselete?: [Patch #100888] Fix UCNs mach ine with >= 32bit longs

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 01:27:17 +0200

guido wrote:

> > Well, I can't check it in, so assigning it back to me would be =
fairly
> > pointless.  Someone should also chime in on the Tools/perfecthash =
stuff as
> > well.  If we want to keep it, I'll see if I can come up with an =
example
> > using Python's tokens since the data set is way smaller. :)
>=20
> I've learned from the sad NumPy experience that it's really bad to
> generate code and then throw away the generator and start editing the
> generated code...  So please keep the generator up-to-date!

note that if #100899 goes in instead, Bill's tweak of Andrew's
original code won't be needed for anything related to unicode.

the perfect hash module is still a useful tool (not that I ever
got it to do a decent job on the unicode database.  Bill's either
very lucky, or he's got a really fast computer... ;-)

</F>