[Python-Dev] Re: Summary or failing regression tests...

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 01:21:14 +0200

as for your other errors (still on Win95, MSVC 5.0):

> - test_mmap
>   one liner:
>     test test_mmap crashed -- exceptions.WindowsError : [Errno 6] The =
handle is invalid

same here (but a different error code?)

> - test_posixpath
>   one liner:
>     test test_posixpath failed -- Writing: 'error!', expected: 'No =
err'

nope.

> - test_re
>   one liner:
>     test test_re failed -- Writing: '=3D=3D=3D Failed incorrectly', =
expected: "('abc', 'abc', 0, 'fou"

nope.  but are you sure you've updated the output directory
lately?  the "=3D=3D=3D Failed incorrectly" part is expected, the abc
stuff is not.

>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>       File "..\Lib\test\test_re.py", line 122, in ?
>         raise TestFailed, "symbolic reference"
>     test_support.TestFailed: symbolic reference

nope.

> - test_sre
>   one liner:
>     test test_sre failed -- Writing: '=3D=3D=3D Failed incorrectly', =
expected: "=3D=3D=3Dgrouping error ('("

nope.  but again, the expected stuff looks wrong.

>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>       File "..\Lib\test\test_sre.py", line 124, in ?
>         raise TestFailed, "symbolic reference"
>     test_support.TestFailed: symbolic reference

nope.

> - test_userstring
>   one liner:
>     test test_userstring failed -- Writing: "'a'", expected: ''

nope -- but the output indicates that you're testing against
an old copy of UserString.py

>=20
> - test_winreg
>   one liner:
>     test test_winreg failed -- Unread: '\012'

nope.
=20
> - test_winreg2 (crashes)
>   full output:=20
>     Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
>=20
>     abnormal program termination

almost.  I got other interesting errors when I had an old
winreg.pyd in the path.

if I remove that one, the test runs, prints HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT,
and then starts consuming 99.99% CPU (not sure if it terminates;
I need my cycles for more important stuff...)

</F>