[Python-Dev] Berkeley DB

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:33:18 -0400

Skip Montanaro <skip@mojam.com>:
> The only thing that's needed to use the current bsddb module interface with
> libdb 2.x is to include db_185.h instead of db.h.  You don't get all the 2.x
> functionality, but you do get the less buggy libdb implementation.  I've
> been using it like that for a couple years.

It shouldn't be difficult to write a configure test to autoconfigure this.
But I think a previous poster was right to suggest writing a custom interface
for the 3.x code instead.
--

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our will, within limits
drawn around us by the equal rights of others."