[Python-Dev] Features for Python 2.0

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:18:16 +0200

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 09:40:53AM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > I'm still working on the PEP, really :) It's just a pretty long one, trying
> > to explain all the intricate details and the simple elegance of the solution
> > <wink>. Perhaps it'll inspire some discussion in the details of the patch,
> > too.

> Suggestion: write the VM spec first, and check that in when you're
> done.  I bet that writing down the VM spec will clarify a lot, since
> it will specify the semantics (the syntax we all know).

The syntax isn't a problem, the exact semantics are ;) But I'll try the
reverse method of the proposal, see where it leads. It'll be a quick and
short technical description to start with, though, and I'm not entirely
clear on whether that should be the PEP or not ;P

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>