[Python-Dev] ANSIfication again ;)

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:02:15 +0200

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 04:27:18PM +0200, Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 20 2000 Thomas Wouters wrote:

> > for file in sys.argv[1:]
> > 	d = open(file).read()
> > 	if string.find(d, ";\n{") <> -1 or string.find(d, "()\n{") <> -1:
> > 		print file

> There is a difference between a function *declaration* and a function
> *definition*.

The script I included only finds function *definitions*, not declarations,
and definitions is what I was talking about.

> So if you define a function
> 	int foo()
> 	{

> it is clear that foo doesn't have any arguments.  There is no difference
> with
> 	int foo(void)
> 	{

And that was exactly what I was asking :) I know there is no difference
between the two, and the question was: should I fix them anyway ? I got at
least one (maybe more, I forget) affirmatives, so I fixed them. (The ones I
could find, that is.)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>