[Python-Dev] Python's new builtin XML support (Python Consortium Meeting News)

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:54:15 +0200

Paul Prescod wrote:

> "M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> > BTW, how rock solid is Python's builtin XML support ? I'm asking
> > because I want to make our product XML aware and the various
> > different parser implementations out there gave me a rather
> > unsecure feeling about which one to go after...
>
> If by "rock solid" you mean "doesn't crash and doesn't leak memory" then
> yeah, I think its pretty rock solid but someone like you should kick
> PyExpat's Unicode tires more forcefully than they have been kicked.

I will once I find time to look into these things :-)

My concern was basically about design changes (I always assume
that code going into the core doesn't crash and tries not to
leak memory ;-) -- before trying to come up with an integration
scheme I wan't to be sure that the backend will remain functional
across at least two Python versions.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg