[Python-Dev] guidelines for contributing to Python

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 01:19:44 -0400 (EDT)

Peter Schneider-Kamp writes:
 > Two questions:
 > - Where should a test for a bug in Python/compile.c go?
 > - Do we really need to carry around a test for (almost) every bug?

  I'd rather carry around the test cases than lose them.  These are
important for regression tests where a large part of the point is that
the implementation doesn't regress and allow an old bug (or it's
symptoms) to resurface without being detected.

 > "Be sure to have access to the bug database." I don't think I have.

  This sort of thing is a serious problem.

 > BTW: Is there some reason why we don't switch to the SF bug stuff?
 >      [Disclaimer: I have no experience with that part of SF, I am
 >       just plain curious]

  I think the SourceForge developers may be looking into importing a
Jitterbug database; once that's possible we should definately move
that service over.  Jitterbug *really* sucks!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member