[Python-Dev] guidelines for contributing to Python

Peter Schneider-Kamp nowonder@pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:02:51 +0000

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> If you fix a bug, you SHOULD write a test case that would have caught
> the bug.

Two questions:
- Where should a test for a bug in Python/compile.c go?
- Do we really need to carry around a test for (almost) every bug?

> If you commit a patch from the SF Patch Manager or fix a bug from the
> Jitterbug database, be sure to reference the patch/bug number in the
> CVS log message.  Also be sure to change the status in the patch
> manager or bug database.

"Be sure to have access to the bug database." I don't think I have.

BTW: Is there some reason why we don't switch to the SF bug stuff?
     [Disclaimer: I have no experience with that part of SF, I am
      just plain curious]

Peter

P.S.: I don't like this SHOUTING should, must etc.
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter@schneider-kamp.de