[Python-Dev] ANSIfication.

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:10:49 +0200

On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 02:28:36PM +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

[ Me complaining about externs everywhere ]

> I'd suggest doing this in two steps:

> 1. move the externs to pyport.h (which is the right place for
>    these platform dependent defines and includes) and
>    add #if 0 ... #endif around them

> 2. check whether these are still needed during the beta phase and
>    if no one complains remove the cruft completely

> Alternatively, you could also add specific platform dependent
> #ifdefs to pyport.h which only enable the externs on those
> platforms where they are needed.

I did a bit of both. Those that already had a proper platform #ifdef or
comment, I left in. The others are moved into a #if 0 block. If noone
objects to the current setup, I'll start moving around the rest, too.

If anyone has access to BeOS, Solaris and/or SGI, please try to see if the
decls are really necessary, still :P Those are the 'unchecked' ones I
included.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>