[Python-Dev] extended print statement, uPre-PEP

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:09:58 -0500

Ka-Ping Yee wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Paul Prescod wrote:
> > As happy as I am to have it called Prescod-ese, I admit to influence
> > from some languages that (otherwise) suck. :)
>
> I agree that formatting and interpolation is one area where Perl is
> much stronger, and it should be easy to do such things in Python.
>
> > credit-where-due 'ly yrs
>
> I kind of hate to do this, but i can't restrain myself from pointing
> out that i *did* propose just this solution quite recently, in:
>
>     http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2000-July/012764.html

Sorry, for whatever reason I didn't actually read that message. It's
sitting in the middle of a bunch of other messages I have marked as
unread. You're right, you definately get credit for the idea and I'll
let you take the flames when we introduce it to comp.lang.python. :)

Why don't you PEP it?

New from Computer Associates: "Software that can 'think', sold by
marketers who choose not to."